- Must be 19-23 years old by June of ride year.
- If in college, applicant must have completed her freshman year by June of ride year.
- Must be available for the entirety of June 10 - July 31, 2021 (2022 dates TBD).
- Must be available to travel to Austin, Texas for the team retreat (date & location TBD).
- Must be available for bi-weekly team meetings on Tuesdays from 4-5:30pm CST.
- Cannot study abroad Spring of ride year.
- Pedal the Pacific is intended for anyone who identifies as female, regardless of gender assignment at birth. Our program also welcomes those who identify as non-binary or gender nonconforming who want to learn in a female-identified environment.
Powered by the Harry W Bass Jr Foundation
Each Pedal the Pacific rider has access to the following gear for the summer ride:
- Ortlieb Waterproof Panniers ($190 Value)
- Sea to Summit Sleeping Bag ($189 Value)
- Sea to Summit Sleeping Pad ($80 Value)
- Sea to Summit Compression Dry Sack ($45 Value)
- Sea to Summit Collapsible X-Bowl ($16 Value)
- Large team tent ($150 Value)
- Girls Like Us book by Rachel Lloyd ($16 Value)
All of this gear amounts to over $650 in savings per rider
Please note: gear from the Gear Library is property of Pedal the Pacific and will be returned to PTP after the finish line in San Diego.
Equal Opportunity Scholarships
One $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to the 2022 team based on the demonstration of need and merit or to a BIPOC applicant regardless of need. If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, you will receive instructions following the submission of your team application.
2021 Application Timeline
*2022 dates are to be determined.
September 1, 2020: Application fee raises to $30
September 15, 2020: Last day to submit applications
No late applications will be accepted, sorry!
September 28, 2020: First round decisions made
Due to the number of applications we receive, not all applicants will continue on to interviews. You will be invited to the first round based on your written application and video. Notifications will be sent via email.
October 1 - October 12, 2020: First round of interviews with 2018-2020 team members
Bring your questions about time commitment, training, fundraising, general realities of being a part of Pedal the Pacific, etc. They’re here to answer your questions too!
October 28 - November 13, 2020: Second round of interviews with the co-founders
*Savannah and Grace here, we promise we aren’t scary!
November 18, 2020: Offer letters sent out
November 25, 2020: Decisions due
November 29, 2020: 2021 Team Announced!
DATE TBD: Team retreat in Austin, TX
*Please note that the team retreat is over a long weekend from Friday evening - Monday morning.
Other Important Dates:
Team Zoom Call: Every other Tuesday from 4-5:30pm CST.
June 10, 2021: Arrive in Seattle
June 12, 2021: Launch Day
July 31, 2021: Finish Line in San Diego