- Must be 19-23 years old by June of ride year.
- If in college, applicant must have completed her freshman year by June of ride year.
- Must be available for the entirety of June 9 - July 30, 2022.
- Must be available to travel to Austin, Texas for the team retreat January 14-17, 2022.
- Must be available for bi-weekly team meetings on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30pm CST.
- Cannot study abroad Spring of ride year.
- Pedal the Pacific is intended for anyone who identifies as female, regardless of gender assignment at birth. Our program also welcomes those who identify as non-binary or gender nonconforming who want to learn in a female-identified environment.
Powered by the Harry W Bass Jr Foundation
Each Pedal the Pacific rider has access to the following gear for the summer ride:
- Ortlieb Waterproof Panniers ($190 Value)
- Sea to Summit Sleeping Bag ($189 Value)
- Sea to Summit Sleeping Pad ($80 Value)
- Sea to Summit Compression Dry Sack ($45 Value)
- Sea to Summit Collapsible X-Bowl ($16 Value)
- Large team tent ($150 Value)
- Girls Like Us book by Rachel Lloyd ($16 Value)
All of this gear amounts to over $650 in savings per rider
Please note: gear from the Gear Library is property of Pedal the Pacific and will be returned to PTP after the finish line in San Diego.
Equal Opportunity Scholarship
One $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to the 2022 team based on the demonstration of need and merit or to a BIPOC applicant regardless of need. Scholarship applications are due by September 15, 2021 at midnight CST.
2022 Application Timeline
August 15, 2021: Application fee raises to $40
Late August/early September: Optional Q and A webinar for applicants.
September 8, 2021: Last day to submit applications
No late applications will be accepted, sorry!
Due to the number of applications we receive, not all applicants will continue on to interviews. You will be invited to the first round based on your written application and video. Notifications will be sent via email.
September 20-30, 2021: First round of interviews with 2018-2021 team members
Bring your questions about time commitment, training, fundraising, general realities of being a part of Pedal the Pacific, etc. You will be interviewing with PTP alumni and they'll be ready to answer your questions!
October 6-22, 2021: Second round of interviews
Offer letters sent out early November
November 9, 2021: Decisions due
November 23, 2021: First All-Team Meeting 5:30-7:30pm CST
January 14-17, 2022: Team retreat in Austin, TX
*Please note that the team retreat is over a long weekend from Friday evening - Monday morning.
Other Important Dates:
All-Team Zoom Call: Every Tuesday from 5:30-7:30pm
June 9, 2022: Arrive in Seattle
June 11, 2022: Launch Day
July 30, 2022: Finish Line in San Diego