- Must be 19-23 years old by June of ride year.
- If in college, applicant must have completed her freshman year by June of ride year.
- Must be available for the entirety of June 8 - July 29, 2023.
- Must be available to travel to Austin, Texas for the team retreat January 13-16, 2023.
- Must be available for bi-weekly team meetings on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30pm CST.
- Cannot study abroad Spring of ride year.
- Pedal the Pacific is intended for anyone who identifies as a woman, regardless of sex assigned at birth. Our program also welcomes people who identify as non-binary or gender nonconforming, who want to learn in a women-centered environment.
Powered by the Harry W Bass Jr Foundation
Each Pedal the Pacific rider has access to the following gear for the summer ride:
- Ortlieb Waterproof Panniers ($190 Value)
- Sea to Summit Sleeping Bag ($189 Value)
- Sea to Summit Sleeping Pad ($80 Value)
- Sea to Summit Compression Dry Sack ($45 Value)
- Sea to Summit Collapsible X-Bowl ($16 Value)
- Large team tent ($150 Value)
- Girls Like Us book by Rachel Lloyd ($16 Value)
All of this gear amounts to over $650 in savings per rider
Please note: gear from the Gear Library is property of Pedal the Pacific and will be returned to PTP after the finish line in San Diego.
Equal Opportunity Scholarship
One $1,500 scholarship will be awarded to the 2023 team based on the demonstration of need and merit or to a BIPOC applicant regardless of need. Scholarship applications are due by September 15, 2022 at midnight CST.
2023 Application Timeline
September 15, 2022: Last day to submit applications
No late applications will be accepted, sorry!
Due to the number of applications we receive, not all applicants will continue on to interviews. You will be invited to alumni 1 on 1's based on your written application and video. Notifications will be sent via email.
We are asking all applicants to attend one of the following Q&A's. Please sign up here.
September 6, 2022 at 1pm CST: Q&A Option #1
September 7, 2022 at 6pm CST: Q&A Option #2
September 13, 2022 at 6:30pm CST: Q&A Option #3
September 21-30, 2022: Alumni 1 on 1 with 2022 team members
No pressure here! Bring your questions about time commitment, training, fundraising, general realities of being a part of Pedal the Pacific, etc. You will be talking with PTP alumni and they'll be ready to answer your questions. Everyone invited to a 1 on 1 will continue on to interviews.
October 5-21, 2022: Interviews begin
October 26, 2022: Offer Letters sent out
November 2, 2022: Decisions due
November 8, 2022: First All-Team Meeting 5:30-7:30pm CST
January 13-16, 2023: Team retreat in Austin, TX
*Please note that the team retreat is over a long weekend from Friday evening - Monday morning.
Other Important Dates:
All-Team Zoom Call: Every other Tuesday from 5:30-7:30pm
June 8, 2023: Arrive in Seattle
June 10, 2023: Launch Day
July 29, 2023: Finish Line in San Diego